People come for many reasons
• Using your skills makes you happier
• Learning opens doors to new opportunities like new
hobbies, jobs and friends
• Learning new skills is very satisfying - as it raises
your self-esteem and makes you feel good about yourself
• You can demonstrate your initiative to your employer
• You could gain qualifications to take you back to work
• It can keep you healthier too, because learning can be fun!
Shelagh has been attending our Art & Design course for a number of years. At the age of 82 she maintains an excellent portfolio and regular attendance. It just goes to show that learning is a life long experience.
Claire joined the City & Guilds Flower Arranging class and quickly achieved her Level 1. Despite being a full-time Science Teacher she has now progressed to Level 2 and is on track to complete this by December 2010. As if this wasn't enough, Claire is also taking on the challenge of arranging all of her daughter's wedding flowers. Well Done Claire!